Accompany us on a 2 hour English-language tour and…
- Explore one of NYC’s most cultured neighborhoods with one of our expert guides
- Walk the streets where Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan began their careers
- Stand where the first battle-lines were drawn in the fight for gay rights
- Stroll Washington Square Park, a peaceful oasis built atop a forgotten cemetery
- Spot the backgrounds of famous movies and television shows, including the apartment from “Friends”
How much walking is there on this tour?
What happens if I am late and miss the group?
There is between 2 to 3 miles of walking at a moderate pace. If mobility is an issue please arrange for a private tour. Please dress appropriately for long distance walking and for the weather.
Does the tour happen during the rain or snow?
It is important to arrive at the tour starting location at least 10-15 minutes prior to the start time, as we do start the tour promptly. It would be unfair for the others if we need to wait for those that are late. We cannot guarantee you’ll be able to find your tour group if you are late.
What is the tipping or gratuities policy?
We only cancel the tour during extreme weather conditions. Otherwise the tour goes on. Please check the weather report and be prepared.
Tips are always appreciated by our guides, but never expected. They should be given if you believe your guide did an outstanding job, and further, if you as an individual want to demonstrate your appreciation to the guide for that job well done.
Is this tour included with a pass?
Yes, this tour is included with a pass. You’ll need to make a reservation with your credit card. No charges will apply IF you show up with a valid pass. You can cancel 48 hours prior to your tour without penalty. You can always reschedule your tour. This allows us to better manage our group size and make the tour experience better for you.
- We understand that your plans sometimes change. That is why we try to be as flexible and accommodating as possible with our Flexible Reschedule Policy.
- Free Rescheduling Anytime: Reschedule your tour anytime without penalty even if you missed the tour.
- Refund after rescheduling: Once you have been rescheduled, there can be no refunds if you decide not to take the tour.
- Passes: For pass holders, you can always reschedule as long as your pass is valid for the day of the tour. If your pass is no longer valid on your rescheduled tour date, you’ll be charged for the full amount of the tour.
South-west corner of 6th Avenue and Waverly Place
to West 4th Street station
of nearby paid parking spaces. Not recommended due to unpredictable traffic which may cause you to miss the tour.
Tour Bus Loading/ Unloading and Parking:
Click here for a list of DOT’s authorized bus layover locations.
Sheridan Square, 7th Avenue and Christopher Street